To start manipulations with price types, go to " Product catalog -> Price types ".
The output of price options for store customers depends on the authorization status (whether the user is logged into his account or not). You can set prices both in the product editing page, and in bulk through import (price types must already be created through the admin panel).
List of price types
1. Create a new price type
2. Go to editing an existing price type
3. List of user roles that will see this price type
4. Currency in which prices of a certain type will be calculated
Creating and editing a price type
1. The name of the price type (participates only in the admin panel, the user does not see it)
2. In what form will the prices of the goods be entered
By default, there are 2 types of prices:
Price - a type of price option that allows you to display the price of a clearly specified cost (the exact value of the price of this type must be specified in the settings of a specific product)
Percentage - the type of price option, which allows you to display the price as a percentage of the initial price of the goods (it is possible to specify both a higher and a lower value of the price option, in relation to the initial cost of the goods). This type skips currency selection.
3. Currency in which the price for the type will be set.
4. Ability to set who will see the price
Price options can be displayed on store pages as follows:
- the authorized user will be shown the price option that is set for his role
- if the price variant is not set in the settings for the role of this user, then the regular prices of the variant will be displayed on the site for this buyer
- if the buyer is not authorized on the site, but the "Not authorized" price option setting is active, in this case, the price specified as an option in the settings of this product for the "Not authorized" role is displayed
- if the buyer is authorized on the site, but he has not been assigned any role and the price option "Without a role" is not set in the settings, then the default prices for this buyer will be displayed on the site
- if the buyer is authorized on the site and no role has been assigned to him, but the setting of the "No role" price option is active, in this case, the price specified as an option in the settings of this product is displayed for the "No role" role
5. Activity (if not active, then it does not participate in displaying to users)
6. Will the discount from the "Online Store Discounts" module be taken into account?
After creating the desired price type, you should set new prices for product variants on the product editing page.
If you specify the price as a percentage, then when specifying a value in the field, you must adhere to the following syntax :
- To specify a price that is X% more than the default price - enter a simple numeric value X in the field. For example, to raise the price in the variant by 5%, you need to enter "5". As a result, if the default price is 100, then the price option in this case will be 105.
- To specify a price that is X% less than the default price - enter a simple numeric value "-X" in the field. For example, to reduce the price in an option by 5%, you need to write "-5". As a result, if the default price is 100, then the price option in this case will be 95.
- Any other way of specifying data (+5, 5%, 105%, etc.) is erroneous. In this case, the price option will not work.
If you specify a price option as accurate, you need to consider :
- The currency in which the product price option is created must match the currency in which the product price is specified in the product settings.
- The content of the field must contain only the numeric value of the option's total price.
For example: If the default price for a product is 100, but for the price option you want to reduce it by 10, then you just need to enter the number "90" in the field.
Also, please note that if there is a discount on the product, then for its calculation, the price option will be used, and not the default price.
This functionality does not have inheritance (if a price variant is specified for the main product variant, then it will not automatically apply to secondary variants of this product. The prices of secondary variants will be the default prices specified in the settings of this product).
Deleting a price type is done from the list of price types. The deleted price type is cleared in all products.
To remove the price of only one product without completely deleting the price type, then the price in the product should be removed and saved.